Monday 3 September 2012

So Monday morning and my first progress update post on my blog. As talked about in the other posts I have began work on my necrons and have completed a test model complete minus basing










Overall I am very happy with the outcome and the scheme, its simple but striking enough to not get too boring. My one complaint is that the model doesn’t look beaten down enough to fit the background and I may play around with the weathering powders from forge world. Also the next major decision before batch painting can commence is the basing scheme. I think I still want to go for a red Martian sand colour to give that alien like feel. I must say overall I enjoyed the change from power armour.



Also this week is received a nice package from bits and kits store, for my before mentioned power armoured forces to help a couple of projects along I am quite excited to start, which I can now while waiting for forge world order.



Other projects ongoing currently:



Building

 Captain Pellas Mir'san, build from black reach model

 Command squad for above captain, loads of flamers and boarding shields

 Malakim Phoros chapter master of lamenters, got all the bits I need now to finally make him

Painting:

 Ork idol totem, these are for the club fantasy battle boards, will hope to post pics on site soon as well as face book page, if looks good will make more as cheap to build

 9 necron warriors to match test model



Club Stuff:



So the Durham Raiders Outpost maybe finally getting some steam and looking like being a actual club. Currently we are waiting on the venues manager to get back to us on booking or first date and trial run of the club. The face book page we are hoping to utilize a little more adding updates of terrain and boards being made and also run polls to get feedback and possible levels of interest. Also I have started to build a website to host our news and forums for the club though thinking that face book page might suffice?



So hope this new format for the blog helps





IronHelmIV out

No comments: